Topics Map > Getting Started with Technology > Technical Support
Getting Started with the PLU Help Desk
The PLU Help Desk provides technical support for PLU students, faculty, and staff. As a member of the PLU community, you have access to the online help desk to submit service requests and view the status of your support requests. Should you have a very urgent need for support contact the Help Desk by phone at 253-535-7525.
Log in to the Help Desk
To login to your PLU Help Desk account, go to helpdesk.plu.edu and enter your PLU ePass Username and Password.
If you have any issues logging into your account, contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 253-535-7525.
Areas of the Main Screen
The main page provides tools to:
- create a service request
- view a list of your service requests
- manage your user profile or logout
Create a Service Request
Select a Request Type
There are three ways to select a service request for the Help Desk to receive support:
- Use the appropriate Request Type from the menu list - From the categories on the left, click on the category that best matches your need. Request types relevant to this category appear on the right. This is the best way to enter a ticket since each request type is routed directly to the appropriate support team.
- Enter search terms - In the box under What do you need help with? enter keywords that best describe what you need help with. A list of suggestions pops up and you can choose what request type seems most relevant to your issue.
- Submit a General Request Ticket - Click the link for General Request Ticket for a generic request. Note that this type has to be reviewed by staff to assign to the appropriate support team, so it may take a bit longer before it gets to the support team.
Fill Out Request Form
Fill out the request form with as much information as you can provide to provide a context for support staff.
Attach a File or Screen Shot
You may want to attach files or screen shots that pertain to the request. Instructions on how to take screen shots from various devices can be found in the article How to Take a Screenshot on Any Device.
You can add file or screen shot attachments to the request by dragging and dropping the file(s) over the window. The “hot” target area of the window becomes delineated by red dashed lines. The file name appears and the progress of the upload is shown. Alternatively, you can click the Browse link to find the file on your file system.
Submit Your Request
Click the yellow Create button in the lower left of the window to create the request. A confirmation screen appears showing the request you created. You should receive a confirming email of the request as well.
View Your Requests
You can view the status of your requests by clicking on the Requests button at the top right corner of the screen. Note the number on the button which represents the number of open requests you have.
If you have a large number of requests you can filter the list by either by using the gray drop-down lists or by entering search terms in the search box.
To view a request, click on the Reference or Summary link of the request you want to view. The request appears along with the current status and any comments.
Comment on a Request
To comment on a request, click in the Comment on this request… box near the top of the request. Enter your comment in the box. You can also add file or screen shot attachments to the request by dragging and dropping the file(s) over the window. Once you’re finished, click the Add button to submit your comment.
If you need help with using the Help Desk online, contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-535-7525. Our staff will be eager to help!