What is Gradebook?
Gradebook is a core tool for instructors to calculate and store grade information and distribute it to students online. In Gradebook students can view their scores for all items; view their course grades, once an instructor releases them; and sort their items by title, due date, grade, and weight, where applicable.
To access this tool, select Gradebook from the Tool Menu of your site.
Using Gradebook, instructors can:
- Enter grades and comments in an easy-to-use spreadsheet view.
- Auto-calculate course grades, with the ability to override any course grade.
- Define course letter grades and grading schema.
- Choose between point- or percentage-based grading.
- Add Gradebook items for manually graded or offline activities.
- Create categories to organize items and allow for weighting of grades.
- Enter, view, edit, and release to students scores, grades, and comments.
- Collect and display scores from tools such as Tests & Quizzes, Assignments, and Forums.
- Import grades from a spreadsheet (CSV) file.
- Export grades as a spreadsheet (CSV) file.
- Create extra credit items and/or categories.
- Organize grades into categories, and use categories to do the following:
- Assign a weight to the category,
- Automatically drop grades in a specific category.
- Export a printer-friendly (PDF) version of individual student grades.
Gradebook is section and group aware, so teaching assistants can see grades only for students in their assigned sections or groups.