How do I add subpages to a Lessons page?
Instructors can add subpages to a top-level Lessons page. A top-level Lessons page is a Lessons page that is listed by name in the Tool Menu. Subpages are connected to top-level Lessons pages by a link or a button.
Note: Subpages are added to whatever page the Add Content/Add Subpage function is accessed from. To add multiple subpages to a top-level page, make sure you access the Add Content/Add Subpage function from the original top-level Lessons page and not from a subpage.
Go to a desired Lessons page.
Click on the Lessons page title in the Tool Menu to display the page. Then navigate to the specific page where you want to add a link to a subpage.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
Enter the subpage information.
- Enter a title.
- Click the Choose Existing Page link to select from the index of existing pages in the site. (Optional)
- If desired, select the Display link as button option.
- Click Create.
The new subpage contains the default "getting started" information.
Clicking on the link for the parent page in the breadcrumb trail or the Back button takes the user back to the top-level page.
To edit the title and properties of a subpage: (Optional)
Edit the title and properties of the subpage as needed.
- The title of the subpage can be edited in the Page Title box.
- Check Hide page until to allow access to the subpage at a particular date and time.
- Check Hide this page from users to not allow students to access the subpage.
- Click Save when finished.