How do I make an assessment to draw random questions from a question pool?
Go to Tests & Quizzes.
Select the Tests & Quizzes tool from the Tool Menu in your site.
Select an assessment.
Random question sets may be added to any assessment. Select an existing assessment or create a new one to add a random question set.
Create a New Assessment.
For more information on creating new assessments, see How do I create an assessment?
Edit a part.
In Tests & Quizzes, open the assessment and find the part. To edit the name and any of the information and settings associated with a part, next to that part's name, click Edit.
For the Type, choose Random draw from question pool.
Set the options for the random set.
- Enter the number of questions to draw from the selected question pool.
- Select the question pool from the drop-down menu.
- Choose to either randomize student questions each time an assessment is submitted or randomize student questions once for all submissions.
- Enter the point value for correct answers on each question. Note that all questions in this random draw must be worth the same amount of points.
- (Optional) For True/False and Multiple Choice, Single Correct questions, you may also enter a negative point value if a question is answered incorrectly.
Note: Point values entered here override any value that was specified for individual questions in the corresponding Question Pool.