What items can I add to a Lessons page?
The Most Common Items
Most Lessons pages are a single, vertical stack of items, that can be partitioned into visually distinct sections. The most common items on a Lessons page, including links to articles for how to add them, are in the following list:
- Blocks of rich-text (images, hyperlinks, etc.)
- Links to files stored in Resources
- Links to websites
- Images with captions
- Video players, including YouTube videos, and audio players
- Links to assignments in Assignments
- Links to discussion topics in Discussions
- Links to published assessments in Tests & Quizzes
- Links to subpages (other Lessons pages)
- Interactive checklists
- In-line multiple choice or fill in the blank questions
- Student comments (open-ended responses to questions or other prompts)
- Horizontal and vertical section breaks to group items on a page into visually distinct sections
Other Available Items
Though much less commonly used, the following kinds of items can be added by an instructor to a Lessons page:
- A block of Student Content where students click to create a page with their own content to share with the rest of the class.
- Website content whereby the instructor uploads a ZIP file of web content, sourced from Camtasia, Wimba Create, and Articulate. Any ZIP file containing resources may be uploaded, though refer to the article, More Details about Uploading Content from ZIP File.
- An External Tool, external to Sakai and configured using the IMS Learning Tool Interoperability protocol. (This uncommonly used, advanced feature warrants consultation with the Sakai Support Team regarding its setup and use. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.)