Topics Map > Sakai > Sakai 21 Help > Getting Started Guides and Tutorials
Sakai 21 - Getting Started Guides and Tutorials: Getting Started with Sakai for Students
Getting Started with Sakai for Students
Sakai (https://sakai.plu.edu) is PLU’s learning management system, a resource for face-to-face, online, and blended courses. Professors may use Sakai to distribute class materials, communicate with their class, create assignments, and deliver online tests. Many tools are available, and your professor chooses tools that are relevant to your class.
Check out the video series below for an overview of Sakai, which includes the topics:
- Accessing Sakai & Getting Help
- Accessing & Organizing Course Sites
- Navigating a Course
- Customizing Your Profile & Editor
- Preventing a Loss of Work
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I login to Sakai?
- Where is my Sakai course?
- How do I change or rearrange the site tabs that appear in the Site Navigation?
- How do I edit my profile photo?
- How do I update my name pronunciation?
- How do I set my personal pronouns for my PLU account?
- How do I navigate Sakai with a mobile phone?
- How do I send an email message within Sakai?
- Video Tutorials for Students: Assignments
- How do I submit an assignment?
- How do I view my assignment feedback?
- More about Assignments
Tests & Quizzes
- How do I submit an assessment (i.e. test or quiz)?
- How do I view the feedback on my assessment (i.e. test or quiz)?
- More about Tests & Quizzes
- Video Tutorials for Students: Discussions
- Sakai Discussions Survival Guide for Students
- How do I post to a forum topic?
- How do I watch or subscribe to discussions?
- How do I view my discussion activity feedback?
- More about Discussions