Topics Map > Sakai > Sakai 21 Help > Getting Started Guides and Tutorials
Sakai 21 - Getting Started Guides and Tutorials: Sakai Tool Descriptions
Sakai Tool Descriptions
Names and brief descriptions for each tool that can be added to a Sakai site are listed below.
- Announcements - For posting current, time-critical information
- Assignments - For posting, submitting and grading assignment(s) online
- Calendar - For posting and viewing deadlines, events, etc.
- Chat Room - For real-time conversations in written form
- Discussions - Display forums and topics of a particular site
- Drop Box - For private file sharing between instructor and student
- Email Archive - For viewing email sent to the site
- Email Sender - Send email to select participants in your site.
- External Tool - Launch external tools using IMS Learning Tools Interoperability.
- Gradebook - Compute, store, and export grades; release to students for review
- Lessons - For creating content modules and sequences; can be organized by week or unit
- Messages - Display messages to/from users of a particular site
- News - For viewing content from RSS News Feeds
- Overview - For viewing description of the site. May include recent announcements, discussion, and chat items.
- Podcasts - For managing individual podcast and podcast feed information
- Polls - For anonymous polls or voting
- PostEm - For posting individualized text to each user in the site
- Resources - For posting documents, URLs to other websites, etc.
- Roster - For viewing the site participants list
- Rubrics - For creating and managing grading rubrics for use in the Gradebook and in individual assessment tools
- Section Info - For managing sections within a site
- Sign-up - For enabling online registration for meetings and other events
- Site Info - For showing worksite information and site participants
- Statistics - For showing site statistics by user, event or resource of the site
- Syllabus - For posting a summary outline and/or requirements for a site
- Tests & Quizzes - For creating and taking online tests and quizzes
- Web Content - For accessing internal resources or an external website within the site.
- Wiki - For collaborative editing of pages and content
- Zoom Meetings - For scheduling, joining, and managing Zoom web conference meetings for a course or project in Sakai.