What is the rich-text editor (CKEditor)?
CKEditor: The Rich-Text Editor in Sakai
The CKEditor is a rich-text editor embedded within many Sakai tools. Such tools include Lessons, Mailtool, Assignments, Announcements, Tests & Quizzes, etc.
Important: Unlike Gmail, Google Docs, and other Google apps, CKEditor does not automatically save your work. To avoid losing your work, we recommend that you first compose and save it elsewhere. Then paste your text into the CKEditor, and format it as needed.
Help with the CKEditor
Sometimes working with the CKEditor can yield unexpected if not undesirable results. Click the links below for help on working with the CKEditor effectively.
- What tips and design standards might I consider in using this editor?
- How can I format text for visual clarity and accessibility?
- How can I upload, embed, and edit images?
- How can I create effective hyperlinks?
- How do I embed a YouTube video in a text box?
- How do I embed an audio player in a text box?
- What actions can I perform using the rich-text editor icons?