How to enable the "Trust this Browser" option on Apple devices when its not available.
The "Trust this Browser" feature will work if an exception is made in the browser's security settings for third-party cookies coming from Duo Security.
Duo's cookies are only used to remember a trusted Device. The cookies and associated data are never used for advertising or marketing purposes.
To add an exception for Duo-served cookies, update your browser settings (generally found under Privacy or Security settings) and use the following format, depending on which browser you're using:
- Internet Explorer: *.duosecurity.com
- Firefox: https://duosecurity.com
- Chrome and Opera: [*.]duosecurity.com
Safari and Edge do not provide a mechanism for allowing specific sites. However, they do provide a way to globally allow all third-party cookies (to be enabled at your own risk):
- Go to Safari > Preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Disable the Block all cookies option.
- Safari 13.1 and later: You must also disable the Prevent cross-site tracking option.
- Safari 12 for macOS 10.12 or later does not allow setting exceptions for third-party cookies.
- iOS WKWebView limits the ability to issue and read browser cookies. This is intentionally designed by Apple, and Remembered Devices will not work.
- The Block all cookies and Prevent cross-site tracking options for iOS can be found under Settings > Safari > Privacy & Security.
- Click More in the upper right of the toolbar
- Click Settings
- Scroll down and click on View Advanced Settings
- Scroll down to Cookies and ensure it is set to Don’t block cookies
- Restart Microsoft Edge