Toast: DVD Burning
PLU Instructional Technologies equips users with the knowledge and tools needed to create digital content, but does not accept responsibility for how these programs are utilized. We do not claim ownership of any user-created content and will not be liable for violations of copyright or Fair Use laws. The legality of user-created content is the sole responsibility of the user. iTech doesn't provide DVD ripping or burning services.
To burn a DVD:
- Insert a blank DVD into the disc drive. If prompted, click the “Ignore” button in the window that appears.
- Launch Toast.
- Select the “Video” tab from the top bar to burn a DVD with video and audio.
- In either the initial window that appears or in the drop-down menu below the top bar, select the disc type: DVD-Video.
Note: You will not be able to select the option “High Definition DVD-Video”.
- Name the DVD in the text box next to the disc type drop-down menu.
- To add the file(s) to be burned, either:
- Click-and-drag the file(s) from the computer into the main Toast window, marked with “Drag video files or pictures into this area.”
- Locate the file(s) under the Media tab to the top-right and click the plus button.
- Menu Style: We do not recommend you incorporate menus into your burned DVD. To disable menus, select “No Menus” in the Menu Style drop-down.
- Quality: Best is recommended.
- “Auto-play disc on insert” is recommended.