Topics Map > Software Guides > iMovie
iMovie: Import Media
iMovie, Version: 10.1.4. Be aware that different versions of iMovie will vary in appearance and functionality. Full Guide: View/Download
Media such as videos, photos, and music need to be imported into the Project before editing can begin.
To import media:
- Select the new Library from the Library Panel and click the Import Media button from the Browser.
- From the new window, locate to the desired media stored on the computer and click Import Selected for each asset.
Imported media is stored in the Browser. Photos will have a purple bar and camera icon in the top-left corner, audio will appear as a green waveform, and video clips will have a snapshot of the clip.
The Import Media button will disappear from the Browser once media has been added. To import more media later, navigate to File > Import, or click the button that looks like a down-arrow from the Projects Bar.
- iMovie: Information
- iMovie: Interface
- iMovie: New Project Setup
- iMovie: Import Media
- iMovie: Adding Clips to the Timeline
- iMovie: Editing Clips in the Timeline
- iMovie: Editing Audio
- iMovie: Keyframing Audio for Ducking and Fading
- iMovie: Recording a Voiceover
- iMovie: Creating & Editing Text Titles
- iMovie: Applying Transitions
- iMovie: Applying Effects & Adjustments
- iMovie: Exporting Your Movie