How do I add subpages to a Lessons page?
Instructors can add subpages to a top-level Lessons page. A top-level Lessons page is a Lessons page that is listed by name in the Tool Menu. Subpages are connected to top-level Lessons pages by a link or a button.
Note: Subpages are added to whatever page the Add Content / Add Subpage function is accessed from. To add multiple subpages to a top-level page, make sure you access the Add Content / Add Subpage function from the original top-level Lessons page and not from a subpage.
Go to a desired Lessons page.
Click on the Lessons page title in the Tool Menu to display the page. Then navigate to the specific page where you want to add a link to a subpage.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
Enter the subpage information.
- Enter a title.
- Click the Choose Existing Page link to select from the index of existing pages in the site. (Optional)
- If desired, select the Display link as button option.
- Click Create.
The new subpage contains the default "getting started" information.
Clicking on the link for the parent page in the breadcrumb trail takes the user back to the top-level page.
To edit the title and properties of a subpage: (Optional)
On the subpage, click on the Settings icon.
The Settings icon is a gear-shaped icon located on the top left of the subpage.
Edit the title and properties of the subpage as needed.
- The title of the subpage can be edited in the Page Title box.
- Check Hide this page from users to not allow students to access the subpage.
- Check Hide page until to allow access to the subpage at a particular date and tie.
- Click Save when finished.