How do I enable student peer review for an assignment?
Go to the Assignment tool.
Select the Assignments tool from the Tools Menu in your site.
Add a new assignment or edit a draft assignment.
Click Add to create a new assignment.
Note: You can only select the peer assessment option for a new or draft assignment. Once the assignment has been posted for students, you cannot change this setting.
Choose Points as the grade scale and enter a maximum point value.
In order to use Peer Assessment, the assignment must be set to a Points grade scale.
Under Additional Assignment Options, select Use peer assessment.
Peer assessment facilitates student peer review of assignments.
When selecting the radio button for Use peer assessment, the settings will expand to show additional options. You may indicate the following items here:
- The evaluation period end date. (This date must be at least 10 minutes after the Accept Until date for the assignment.)
- Whether or not students may see peer reviews of their own assignments. Leaving this option checked is recommended.
- Whether or not the peer reviewers will remain anonymous after the instructor releases grades for the assignment. This setting is conditional on the item above, specifically whether students are granted permission to view reviews submitted by peers.
- The number of reviews each student must complete.
- Instructions for reviewers.
Note: You must be using a Points grade scale in order to enable peer review and it cannot be a group assignment.
Post your assignment.
Once you have entered all of your assignment settings, scroll down to the bottom and click Post to save your changes and post the assignment.