How do I complete a peer assessment assignment?
Go to Assignments.
Select the Assignments tool from the Tool Menu in your site.
Submit your assignment.
If your assignment has a peer review component, the Peer Assessment for the assignment will appear immediately beneath the assignment title in the list. However, you must submit your own assignment before you can complete your peer review(s) for other students. Furthermore, the peer review period does not open until after the due date for when the initial student submissions are due.
Click on the assignment title to submit your work. Refer to How do I submit an assignment? for more information on submitting assignments.
Select a student submission to review.
Once you have submitted your own assignment, the Peer Assessment information will display.
Click on a student in the list to select that submission for review. You will not see the other students' names, only Student 1, Student 2, etc. Note that while the student or students that you review will be anonymous to you, the assignment may be configured by the instructor such that your name may or may not be anonymous to the student(s) receiving your feedback.
Note: The Open date for the peer review begins after the due date for the assignment. The Due date for the peer review is the deadline for completing reviews of other students’ submissions.
Review your peer's submission.
- You will see the Instructions for the Reviewers provided by the instructor.
- The student Assignment Submission will display. Depending on the assignment settings, you may see your peer's submission in-line and/or as a file attachment(s).
- Enter your grade for the peer review.
- Enter your feedback into the Reviewer Comments area using the Rich Text Editor.
- Click Browse or Choose file to add an attachment containing additional feedback. (Optional)
- Click Submit to submit your peer review. Note that after doing so you will not be able to revise your review. If you instead want to continue revising your review at a later time, click Save Draft instead.
View submitted peer assessments.
Once you have submitted your review, the status for that student submission will change to Submitted and a green check mark will appear next to the student in the list.
Repeat the steps above to submit additional reviews. (Optional)
If your instructor has specified more than one review per student, repeat the process above to submit the number of peer assessments required.