How do I hide or show items in the Tool Menu?
The Tool Menu can be customized by instructors or site administrators to modify the appearance of menu items in the site, including hiding or showing tools to site participants.
Go to Site Info.
Select the Site Info tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Click Tool Order.
Hide a tool from site participants.
- Click the cog icon to the right of a visible tool.
- Select Make Tool Invisible to Students.
Example: Tool Menu with hidden tools
Hidden tools display for instructors and site administrators in italics, in light gray, with an eyeball with a slash icon. In the example pictured above, the instructor sees several hidden tools, while students do not.
Show a currently hidden tool to site participants.
- Click the cog icon to the right of a hidden tool.
- Select Make Tool Visible to Students.
Lock access to a tool.
Tools can be locked so students or site members cannot access ANY content in the tool. Locked tools display on the Tool Order page with an eyeball with a slash icon (Tool is hidden from normal users) AND a lock icon (Tool is disabled for normal users). However, the lock icon will not display on the site's Tool Menu.
- Click the cog icon to the right of a tool.
- Select Lock Access to this Tool.