Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Meet
Google Meet: Recording a Meeting
Google Meet, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Meet will vary in appearance and functionality.
To record a meeting, click the More Options button, which looks like three stacked dots, at the bottom of the meeting window and select “Record meeting.” Approximately 10 minutes after the meeting is over, the video will be available in the “Meet Recordings” folder of your Google Drive.
Sharing the Recording
Please see Web Conferencing FERPA & Privacy for more details before sharing any class meeting recordings.To share the meeting recording:
- Navigate to Google Drive at drive.google.com.
- Locate the recording. By default, recordings are automatically saved in a folder titled "Meet Recordings” and will be labeled with the date.
- Right-click the video and select “Get link” from the pop-up that appears.
- Under "Get Link," click drop-down that has "Restricted" and select an option.
- Pacific Lutheran University: only PLU members will be able to access the video.
- Anyone with the link: any user will be able to access the video.
- For more details on adding text and links to a Lessons page, see this video.