Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Hangouts Meet
Google Meet: Recording Meetings
Google Meet. Be aware that different versions of Meet will vary in appearance and functionality.
This feature is available to PLU through September 30, 2020.
To record a meeting, click the More Options button, which looks like three stacked dots, to the bottom-right and select “Record meeting.” Approximately 10 minutes after the meeting is over, the video will be available in the “Meet Recordings” folder of your Google Drive.
Sharing the VideoTo share the meeting video on Sakai:
- Locate it in your Google Drive. By default, meeting videos are automatically saved a folder titled, "Meet Recordings."
- Right-click the video and select “Get shareable link” from the pop-up that appears.
- Under "Get Link," click drop-down that has "Restricted" and select "Pacific Lutheran University."
- Click "Copy Link."
- Click "Done."
- Navigate to the desired location in your Sakai course site, such as a Lessons page.
- On a Lessons page, click the “Add Content” button to the top-left and select “Add Content Links”.
- Paste the link into the field under “Create Web Link” and click “Save.”
For more details on adding text and links to a Lessons page, see this video.