Topics Map > Software Guides > Studio Equipment
Studio: Audio Production
The following documents and resources include instructions for using the various audio recording equipment and software in the iTech Studio.
- Tascam USB audio interface
- Rode Procaster mics (x3)+boom arms, pop filters, and fetheads
- Mac computer
- Sound baffle panels
- Reserve any other necessary media equipment, such as cameras, mics and headphones, at the Help Desk.
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools
- Podcasting tips (PDF)
- Podcasting Outline (Word document)
- Podcast Structure Guide (PDF)
- Screencast-O-Matic Guide (PDF)
- OBS Guide (PDF)
Please follow the rules below when using Studio audio equipment.
- Leave the Rode mics in their set positions on the table. Don’t detach or move them. Only use their arms to adjust positioning. The Yeti mic can be moved.
- Rode mics should be plugged into the input on the Tascam audio interface that matches their number.
- Be gentle with the equipment and don’t use force. Be especially careful when adjusting the mic arms.
- Don’t strain the cables for the Rode mics. Ensure the cables on the mic arms have ample slack. To lengthen the cable, pull it from the arm elbow/hinge.
- Don’t move the Tascam.
- Don’t unplug, remove, or disassemble any equipment. Don’t remove the mic mount, fetheads, mic, etc.
- Report all issues, such as broken equipment or non-functioning software, to email@example.com.