Topics Map > Software Guides > Edpuzzle
Edpuzzle: Embedding Videos in Sakai
Edpuzzle, 2020. Full Guide: View/Download
Video assignments can be embedded as an interactive video directly into a Sakai page. Students can complete an embedded Lesson directly from the Sakai course.
Step 1: Get Embed Code
To get the embed code for a video that’s assigned to a Class:
- Navigate to “My Classes” to the top-right.
- Select the desired class from the column to the left, and then click the video.
- Click “Share Assignment” to the right.
- In the window, click the “Copy code” button.
OR, to get the embed code for a video that’s unassigned:
- Navigate to “Content” to the top-right.
- Click “My Content” from the column to the left, and select the desired video.
- Click “Assign” and navigate to the “Public Links” tab.
- Click the “Copy link” button under “Embedded Code.”
Step 2: Post to Sakai Page
Then, to embed it on a Sakai page:
- Navigate to the desired Sakai page, click “Add Content,” and select “Add Text.”
- To the top-left of the rich-text editor, click the “Source” button to access the HTML view.
- Paste the code.
- To return to the regular editing mode, click the “Source” button again. In place of the video, there will be a black rectangle and the word IFRAME. When the text object is saved, the video will appear in this region.
- Click Save if in Lessons (or click a similar button if using another Sakai tool) to save. The video will be embedded.
If the video is assigned to a Class, students will need to be logged in to Edpuzzle in order to interact with the embedded video.