Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Slides
Google Slides: Creating a New Presentation
This article covers instructions for using the web version of Google Slides. Be aware that other versions, such as the mobile app, will vary in functionality.
Presentations can be created and accessed from Google Slides or Google Drive. Presentations created with Microsoft PowerPoint can be converted into Google Slides as well.
To create a new presentation from Google Slides:
- Navigate to drive.google.com. Ensure you’re logged in with your PLU ePass.
- Click “New” to the top-left, and select “Google Slides.” A blank Slides presentation will open in a new tab.
- Enter a title for the presentation in the field to the top-left. Presentations are named “Untitled presentation” by default.
Importing Slides & PowerPoints
To import slides from another presentation:
- Open or create a Google Slides presentation.
- Navigate to File > Import Slides. A new pop-up window will appear.
- Use the tabs to select the desired file:
- Presentation tab: import slides from an existing Slides presentation.
- Upload tab: upload a PowerPoint file from your computer.
To convert a PowerPoint into a Google Slides presentation:
- Click “New” to the top-left, and select “File upload.”
- Locate and select the desired PowerPoint file.
- Click “Open.” The file will begin uploading and a pop-up with the progress status will appear to the bottom-right of the page.
- When the upload is complete, click the file from the upload pop-up. The file will open as a Google Slides presentation in a new tab.