Appropriate Usage: All photography: portrait, sport, close-up, landscape, etc. Video recording with mic accessories.
Staff/Faculty: Up to 7 days.
Instructions, Tips, and Helpful Information:
User Manual for In-Depth Instructions: EOS REBEL T6i MANUAL
Parts & What They Do:
B / Bulb Mode: used to manually hold the shutters open for longer than 30 seconds, often for extremely low light situations like taking photos of the night sky.
Auto Mode: Sets all camera settings automatically. Best used for beginners and quick photos.
Child Mode: Makes backgrounds and clothing more colorful, but keeps the background tones soft and natural.
Night Portrait: Fires flash to light your subject, but slows shutter speed to capture background light.
Macro Mode: Automatically sets a wide aperture to blur backgrounds.
- Insert the battery and SD card provided in the camera bag.
- Set lens focus mode to AF (or Auto Focus)
- Set power switch to ON and set Mode Dial to desired setting (A+ for most basic shots.)
- Flip out LCD monitor.
- Focus on subject (look through viewfinder)
- Press shutter button down halfway to focus on the subject, raising the flash if necessary.
- Take the picture (press shutter button down all the way.)
- Review image in the LCD screen, automatically displayed for 2 seconds.
- Press the playback button for a longer view, or to see past images. To delete, press the erase button.
For Photo & Video Editing: