Topics Map > Software Guides > Audition
Version: Adobe Audition 2020. Be aware that different versions of Audition will vary in appearance and functionality. Full Guide: View/Download
In order to create an audio file that’s playable outside of Audition, the project will need to be exported to a readable format, such as an MP3. Exporting will mix and combine all recordings, imported files, and edits into one file.
To export an mp3:
- From Multitrack Mode, navigate to Multitrack > Mixdown Session to New File > Entire Session. Audition will mix, or combine, all elements and open Waveform mode.
- Make final volume adjustments, if needed. Adjustments aren’t needed if the file had the Normalization effect applied.
- Click-and-drag to select the portion that needs volume adjustment.
- From the options that pop-up, click-and-drag the knob to the left or right. Left will decrease the volume, and right will increase. Ensure the entire waveform is below -3db, with no peaks above. Use the -3db horizontal line as a guide.
- Navigate to File > Save As.
- Rename the file, select a storage location, and select “MP3 Audio (*.mp3)” from the Format drop-down menu.
- Click OK. The recording will be saved as an MP3 audio file.