Topics Map > Software Guides > Campuswire
The Campuswire Chatroom is similar in functionality to Slack where students can engage in discussions using text, files, GIFs, emojis, and code. Instructors can organize the Chatroom into various rooms based on topics.
Both instructors and students can create rooms that are available to the entire class. Instructors can enable private rooms, which are useful for group discussions, under Settings > Feature Preferences > Chatrooms.
- Navigate to the Chatrooms from the column to the left.
- Click the blue plus button to the top of the page. A new window will appear.
- Enter a title for the room.
- To create a private room, such as for groups, click the Privacy toggle.
- Navigate to the room.
- Click “View All” next to “Members of this room” from the column to the right. A new window will appear.
- Click “Invite people” to the top-right.
- Check the boxes for all the desired members.
- Click “Add members.”