Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Docs
Google Docs: Using Tables
This article covers instructions for using the web version of Google Docs. Be aware that other versions, such as the mobile app, will vary in functionality.
The Insert tab in the top menu bar has more content types that can be added to the document, such as images, tables, and drawings.
To insert a table:
- Click to place the text cursor at the desired location of the table.
- Navigate to Insert > Table, and select the desired number of rows and columns. The new table will appear in the document.
- Click within the cells and type desired text.
The toolbar, which appears above the document, can be used to modify and format the table.
1. Fill/background color.
2. Border color.
3. Border width.
4. Border style.
Table editing options:
- Resize: click-and-drag the table borders that separate the cells.
- Select a cell border: click within the cell and then click the down-arrow that appears to the top-right corner and select an option. Make adjustments using the options in the toolbar.
- Insert/delete a row/column: right-click it and select an option from the pop-up.
- Adjust table properties: right-click it and select “Table Properties.”
- Delete: right-click it and select “Delete table” from the pop-up.