Topics Map > Software Guides > WordPress
WordPress: Interface Overview & Tools
WordPress, Version: 5.3.2. Be aware that different versions of WordPress will vary in appearance and functionality. Full Guide: View/Download
The dashboard is the landing page after logging in through the administrator portal. WordPress sites are controlled, constructed, and changed through the Dashboard. Some settings may not show or be available due to user privileges or installed plugins.
1. Top Menu: Access other sites linked to your account, edit account settings, and quick access to create new items.
2. Side Menu:
2. Side Menu:
- Dashboard: View visitor statistics and other site details.
- Posts: Write and edit blog entries, known as Posts in WordPress.
- Media: Store all uploaded images, audio, and video.
- Pages: Write and edit the various webpages, which contain all content except blog posts.
- Comments: View comments that visitors have submitted to the site or posts.
- Appearance (Admin only): Control the design of the site, such as the Theme and Menus.
- Plugins (Admin only): Add and modify Plugins, which are optional enhancement features.
- Users (Admin only): Add users and adjust their privileges.
- Tools (Admin only): Run and apply scripts that are needed only on extraordinary occasions.
- Settings (Admin only): Adjust site-wide settings, such as the name or URL.