Topics Map > Software Guides > InDesign
InDesign: Creating a New Document
Version: Adobe InDesign 2020. Be aware that different versions of InDesign will vary in appearance and functionality. Full Guide: View/Download
To create a new document:
- Launch InDesign and click "Create new."
- Alternatively, navigate to File > New > Document.
- Print for projects meant to be printed, such as flyers or booklets.
- Web for projects that are viewed on a computer, such as for a PDF, website, or image.
- Mobile for projects that are meant for mobile devices.
- Orientation (between landscape and portrait)
- Page size
- Number of pages
- Unit measurement (set as “Picas” by default).
- Note: for a magazine-spread layout, make sure the Facing Pages option is selected. For single pages stacked on top of each other, deselect the Facing Pages option.
- InDesign: Information
- InDesign: Interface Overview
- InDesign: Creating a New Document
- InDesign: Working with Pages
- InDesign: Using Guides
- InDesign: Layering & Object Arrangement
- InDesign: Using Text
- InDesign: Text Wrap
- InDesign: Text on a Path or Shape
- InDesign: Using Images
- InDesign: Drawing Shapes
- InDesign: Applying Color
- InDesign: Applying Gradients
- InDesign: Applying Effects
- InDesign: Errors & Troubleshooting
- InDesign: Saving, Exporting & Transporting Projects