Topics Map > Software Guides > Canva
Canva: Adding Text
Canva, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Canva will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Canva at Canva.com.
Two types of text options are available in Canva: custom, and text templates.
To add text to a design:
- Click the “Text” tab from the column to the left.
- Select a text option. A new text box will be added to the design.
- The top three options are for custom text boxes. The remaining text templates include preformatted stylizing.
4. Weight (bold, italics, underline, uppercase)
1. Position: change the alignment of the content on the Canvas, as well as the layer order.
2. Copy style: copy the formatting of the selected content, which can be pasted onto other content.
3. Transparency: adjust the transparency, which will make the content more or less see-through.
5. Lock: lock the content in place. This prevents it from being accidentally moved.
Additional Editing Options
- Resize: select the text box, then click-and-drag one of the white handles that appears along the border.
- Reposition: select the text box, then click-and-drag from inside the box to a new location.
- Rotate: select the text box, then click-and-drag the white rotation handle left-or-right.