Topics Map > Software Guides > Canva
Canva: Adding Photos
Canva, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Canva will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Canva at Canva.com.
Canva has a large library of stock photos that can be added to designs. Be aware that photos marked as “Premium” will not appear on an exported/printed design from a Free Canva account. Photos can also be uploaded from your computer and will be accessible in all of your designs. A Canva account is required to upload and the file size must be smaller than 25MB.
To add a stock photo to a design:
- Click the “Photos” tab from the column to the left.
- Select a photo. It will be added to the design.
- Use the search bar at the top of the menu to look for specific photos.
To upload a photo:
- Click the “Uploads” tab from the column to the left.
- Click the “Upload Media” button.
- Click the “Device” button. A new window will appear.
- Locate and select the desired file from your computer.
- Click “Open.” The file will begin uploading and appear in the “Images” tab.
- When uploading is complete, select the photo. It will be added to the design.
- Use the options in the Toolbar above the Canvas to change the photo settings.
Additional Editing Options
- Resize: select the photo, then click-and-drag one of the white handles that appears on the corners of the border.
- Reposition: select the photo, then click-and-drag from inside the box to a new location.
- Rotate: select the photo, then click-and-drag the white rotation handle left-or-right.