Topics Map > Software Guides > Canva
Canva: Downloading & Sharing
Canva, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Canva will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Canva at Canva.com.
Canva designs can be downloaded, printed, and shared. Free Canva accounts have access to most of these options, but may be restricted in the advanced settings. For example, Free accounts can download a PNG copy of a design, but don’t allow for transparent backgrounds.
To download a design:
- Click the Download button to the top-right. A new pop-up will appear.
- Click the File Type drop-down.
- Select an option. In most cases, we recommend PNG or PDF.
- Click "Download." When done, the file will be saved onto your computer.
Sharing the Design
Sharing a design will grant individual, private access to someone else. Designs can be shared with or without editing permissions.
To share a design:
- Click the “Share” button to the top-right. A new pop-up will appear.
- Enter the email address of the invitee into the field.
- (Optional) Enter an invitation message.
- Click the drop-down to the right to select the permission level.
- Edit: allows the invitee to make changes to the design.
- View: the invitee will only be able to see the design.
Sharing the Link
To share a link to a design:
- Click the Publish button, which looks like three dots, to the top-right. A new pop-up will appear.
- Click “Share link.”
- Click the "Copy" button next to the view link. The link can then be pasted elsewhere, such as in an email or Sakai Assignment.