Topics Map > Software Guides > Canva
Canva: Downloading & Sharing
Canva designs can be downloaded, printed, and shared. Free Canva accounts have access to most of these options, but may be restricted in the advanced settings. For example, Free accounts can download a PNG copy of a design, but don’t allow for transparent backgrounds.
To Download a Design:
- Click the Download button to the top-right. A new pop-up will appear.
- Click the File Type drop-down.
- Select an option. In most cases, we recommend PNG or JPEG.
- If downloading a video or moving image, select MP4 or GIF format.
- Click "Download." When done, the file will be saved onto your computer in your "downloads" folder.
To Share a Design:
Sharing a design will grant individual, private access to someone else. Designs can be shared with or without editing permissions.
- Click the “Share” button to the top-right. A new menu will appear.
- Enter the PLU email address of the invitee into the first field, or either click "Edit", or the plus sign next to your profile image.
- Click the drop-down to the right to select the permission level.
- (Optional) add an invitation message.
- Click send, and advise your teammate to check their PLU email.
- Edit: allows the invitee to make changes to the design.
- View: the invitee will only be able to see the design.
- Click “Send.” The invitee will receive an email notification and link to the design.
You may also share a view-only link by pressing the button below the "Copy link" of the collaboration section.
You can find all options for sharing by clicking "More" at the bottom of the Share menu.