Topics Map > Software Guides > Canva
Canva: Adding a Background
Canva, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Canva will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Canva at Canva.com.
The background of a design can be added in two ways: with a preset background, or as an image. Preset backgrounds come in various patterns and colors.
To use a preset background for a design:
- Click the “Bkground” tab from the column to the left.
- Select a background. It will be added as the background of the design.
- Use the search bar at the top of the menu to look for specific backgrounds.
To set an image as the background:
- Insert an image. A stock image or uploaded image can be used. See Canva: Adding Photos for more details about adding images to a design.
- Resize the photo to cover the entire Canvas. Click-and-drag the handles that appear on the corners of the photo.
- Use the rectangular handles on the sides of the photo to crop if needed.