Topics Map > Software Guides > Audacity
Audacity: Downloading & Installing for Windows
Audacity, Version: 2.3.2. Be aware that different versions of Audacity will vary in appearance and functionality. Full Guide: View/Download
If you’re working on a computer that is already equipped with Audacity, skip this section. Otherwise, use the following instructions to download and install Audacity.
To download and install Audacity for Windows:
- From a web browser, navigate to http://www.audacityteam.org/download/
- Click “Audacity for Windows.”
- From the next screen, select “Audacity 2.1.3 Installer” and an .exe file will download.
- After the download is finished, navigate to the location the .exe file was saved, which is most likely in the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the .exe file and follow through the steps of the installer.
- Audacity: Information
- Audacity: Downloading & Installing for Mac
- Audacity: Downloading & Installing for Windows
- Audacity: Setting Up and Saving Projects
- Audacity: Interface Overview & Tools
- Audacity: Recording Audio
- Audacity: The Timeline & Tracks
- Audacity: Importing Audio Files
- Audacity: Editing Audio
- Audacity: Volume Adjustments - Amplify
- Audacity: Volume Adjustments - Compressor
- Audacity: Volume Adjustments - Keyframing for Ducking and Fading
- Audacity: Splitting & Panning Tracks
- Audacity: Removing Background Noise
- Audacity: Sharing Projects
- Audacity: Exporting an Audio File (MP3, WAV, etc)