Topics Map > Software Guides > Audacity
Audacity: Downloading & Installing
Audacity, Version: 3.1.3. Be aware that different versions of Audacity will vary in appearance and functionality.
If you’re working on a computer that is already equipped with Audacity, skip this section. Otherwise, use the following instructions to download and install Audacity.
- From a web browser, navigate to audacityteam.org/download.
- In the panel to the right, select the option for your computer operating system (Windows, macOS). The page will redirect and the download should begin after a few seconds.
- If prompted, select a storage location, and click "Save."
- Alternatively, navigate to the download location and open the installation file. Check the Downloads folder.
- Mac: Double-click the .dmg file. From the new window, drag-and-drop the Audacity icon to the Applications folder. This will install the program. When done, right-click the installer and select "Eject."
Security Settings (Mac)
- Navigate to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- From the new window, click the Open Anyway button next to “_____ was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer” under “Allow apps downloaded from.”
- Click Open from the next window to continue installation.
- Audacity: Information
- Audacity: Downloading & Installing
- Audacity: Interface Overview & Tools
- Audacity: Recording Audio
- Audacity: The Timeline & Tracks
- Audacity: Importing Audio Files
- Audacity: Editing Audio
- Audacity: Increasing Clip Volume (Amplify)
- Audacity: Fixing Inconsistent Volume (Compressor)
- Audacity: Fading & Adjust Volume in Specific Sections (Keyframing)
- Audacity: Splitting & Panning Tracks
- Audacity: Removing Background Noise
- Audacity: Saving & Sharing Projects
- Audacity: Exporting an Audio File (MP3, WAV, etc)