Topics Map > Software Guides > Audacity
Audacity: Importing Audio Files
Audacity, Version: 2.3.2. Be aware that different versions of Audacity will vary in appearance and functionality. Full Guide: View/Download
Audio files such as background music, sound effects, and recordings, need to be imported into the project in order to be incorporated and edited.
To import an audio file:
- Navigate to File > Import > Audio.
- Locate the file, which should be stored in the folder created during New Project Setup & Saving.
- Click “Open.” The imported file will be added to its own track.
See Audacity: Editing Audio for instructions on editing audio.
- Audacity: Information
- Audacity: Downloading & Installing for Mac
- Audacity: Downloading & Installing for Windows
- Audacity: Setting Up and Saving Projects
- Audacity: Interface Overview & Tools
- Audacity: Recording Audio
- Audacity: The Timeline & Tracks
- Audacity: Importing Audio Files
- Audacity: Editing Audio
- Audacity: Volume Adjustments - Amplify
- Audacity: Volume Adjustments - Compressor
- Audacity: Volume Adjustments - Keyframing for Ducking and Fading
- Audacity: Splitting & Panning Tracks
- Audacity: Removing Background Noise
- Audacity: Sharing Projects
- Audacity: Exporting an Audio File (MP3, WAV, etc)