Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Meet
Google Meet: Scheduling Meetings
Google Meet, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Meet will vary in appearance and functionality.
Google Meet is integrated with Google Calendar, which makes it easy to schedule and join meetings.
To schedule a meeting:
- Navigate to Google Calendar at calendar.google.com.
- Go to the desired date of the meeting, and click on the grid for the desired time. A pop-up will appear.
- Enter a title for the meeting.
- Click "Add video conferencing," and select the "Google Meet" option.
- Click "More options."
- Enter the emails/names of invitees in the “Guests” field.
- Alternatively, click the copy icon next to the “Join with Google Meet” button and paste the meeting link in an email or Sakai site.
To start a meeting on-the-fly:
- Navigate to meet.google.com.
- Click “New meeting,” and select “Start an instant meeting.”
- Click “Add others” and enter the emails/names of invitees. They will receive an email notification with an invitation to the meeting.
- Alternatively, click the copy icon next to the meeting info and paste the link elsewhere.