Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Hangouts Meet
Google Meet: Hosting Meetings & Inviting Participants
Google Meet. Be aware that different versions of Meet will vary in appearance and functionality.
Google Hangouts Meet is integrated with Google Calendar, which makes it easy to schedule and join meetings.
To schedule a meeting:
- Navigate to Google Calendar at calendar.google.com and click the desired date/time of the meeting. A pop-up will appear.
- Enter a title for the event and click “Add Google Meet video conferencing."
- Copy the join link that appears below “Join Hangouts Meet” (“meet.google.com/____”).
- Click “Save.”
- Paste the join link in a Sakai Lessons page, or email it to students via the Announcements tool.
- When it’s time to start the meeting, you and your students can click the join link to enter the meeting.