Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Hangouts Meet
Google Hangouts Meet: Participating in a Meeting
Google Hangouts Meet. Be aware that different versions of Meet will vary in appearance and functionality.
During a meeting, all major controls and functions are accessed from the bottom of the window. Settings can be configured from the More Options button, which looks like three stacked dots, to the bottom-right.
- Mute/Unmute: The microphone button located at the bottom of the window can be pressed to mute or unmute your microphone. Participants will be unable to hear you when the microphone is muted.
- Video On/Off: Similar to muting a microphone, your webcam can be turned on and off during the session. This button is located at the bottom of the window. When the microphone is turned off, your Google Profile image will display.
- Screen Sharing: If you’re showing a presentation such as a PowerPoint, or something else on the computer, we recommend using the screen sharing feature instead of pointing a camera at a projection screen. To do so, click “Present now” during a meeting and participants will be able to see everything on your computer screen.
- Chat: Participants and chat are accessed on the right side of the Meet window. Chat is a good way for participants to ask questions and provide feedback without interrupting a presenter.
- Google Hangouts Meet: Information
- Google Hangouts Meet: Hosting Meetings & Inviting Participants
- Google Hangouts Meet: Joining a Meeting
- Google Hangouts Meet: Participating in a Meeting
- Google Hangouts Meet: Recording Meetings
- Quick Guide: Google Hangouts Meet for Instructors
- Quick Guide: Google Hangouts Meet for Students
- Google Hangouts Meet: FAQs and Troubleshooting