Topics Map > Software Guides > Gravit Designer
Gravit Designer: Using the Text Tool
Gravit Designer, Version: 2020-1.3.4. Be aware that different version of Gravit will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Gravit Designer at designer.io.
Text is contained within a text box. A text box is a boundary that contains and structures the text. If the text box is too small to contain all the text, it won’t be visible. Text boxes can be resized, repositioned, and edited.
To add text:
- Select the Type tool from the Toolbar.
- Click within the Canvas. Alternatively, click-and-drag to create a text box. A text box containing “Your text here” will be created.
- Type desired text.
- Reposition: click-and-drag it to a new location.
- Rotate: click-and-drag the white handle to the top of it to the left or right. Hold Shift to snap the text box to rotation increments of 90 degrees. Alternatively, use the rotation tools from the Toolbar.
- Resize the text box: click-and-drag a blue handle of the text box.
Additional editing options for text are available in the Appearance Panel.
- Font: Gravit Designer utilizes off-brand web fonts by default. Fonts installed on the computer are accessible in the installed version.
- Color: click to open a color picker.
- Weight: bold and italicize text, depend on the options available with the selected font.
- Text size: select a size for the text.
- Alignment: alignment options here apply to the text box, not the entire Canvas. Alignment options include left, center, right, and justified.
- Spacing: set a custom spacing, if desired. The Line Percentage behaves similar to leading, which is the spacing between the characters.
- Opacity: click-and-drag the slider left to decrease opacity, and right to increase.
For more details on editing, see Gravit Designer: Using the Editing Panels.
- Gravit Designer: Information
- Gravit Designer: Installation
- Gravit Designer: Interface Overview
- Gravit Designer: Importing & Editing Images
- Gravit Designer: Using the Text Tool
- Gravit Designer: Using the Editing Panels
- Gravit Designer: Drawing & Editing Shapes
- Gravit Designer: Arranging Objects & Layering
- Gravit Designer: Saving a Project
- Gravit Designer: Exporting a Project