Topics Map > Software Guides > Gravit Designer
Gravit Designer: Saving a Project
Gravit Designer, Version: 2020-1.3.4. Be aware that different version of Gravit will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Gravit Designer at designer.io.
In order to save your work to return to it later, the project must be saved to a Gravit Cloud account, or to a Gravit file. Projects saved to a Gravit Cloud Account are stored online, which means they're accessible from any computer. Saving to a Gravit project file will store the file locally on your computer.
Saving to Gravit Cloud
While using Gravit Designer you should be automatically prompted to create a Gravit Cloud account.
To manually create a Gravit Cloud Account:
- Launch the desired version of Gravit Designer (installed or in-browser).
- Click "Cloud Login" to the top-right. A new window will appear.
- Select an account creation option. It is recommended to link your Gravit Cloud Account to your PLU Google account.
To save to the cloud, navigate to File > Save to Cloud. If a Gravit Cloud account is not logged in, you will be prompted to log in or create an account.
To re-open a project saved to Gravit Cloud, navigate to File > Open from Cloud.
Saving as a Local File
Gravit Designer projects can also be saved as a project as a local file on your computer. Be aware that the file will need to be transported, either with a flash drive or online cloud storage such as Google Drive, in order to open it on a different computer later.
To save as a Gravit Designer project file, navigate to File > Save to Local File/Download File. The project will save locally as a .gvdesign file.
- Gravit Designer: Information
- Gravit Designer: Installation
- Gravit Designer: Interface Overview
- Gravit Designer: Importing & Editing Images
- Gravit Designer: Using the Text Tool
- Gravit Designer: Using the Editing Panels
- Gravit Designer: Drawing & Editing Shapes
- Gravit Designer: Arranging Objects & Layering
- Gravit Designer: Saving a Project
- Gravit Designer: Exporting a Project