Topics Map > Software Guides > OBS
OBS: Setting up Audio
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), version: 23.2.1. Be aware that different versions of OBS will vary in appearance and functionality. Full Guide: View/Download
Audio is automatically recorded with video Sources, such as Display and Window Capture, by default. This means that audio devices, such as a microphone, do not need their own Source. However, the audio settings will need to be configured prior to recording. For better quality, it’s recommended to use an external microphone, such as a Snowball, instead of a built-in one.
To configure audio settings:
- Plug in an external microphone, if any.
- In the Mixer, click the Settings button, which looks like a gear icon, below the Mic/Aux meter.
- Select “Properties” from the pop-up. A new window will appear.
- In the Device drop-down, select the desired microphone.
- Click OK.
- Check the levels in the Mixer panel. Practice saying a few lines out loud, and make sure the levels hit the yellow region. If levels are consistently higher or lower than that, adjust the input volume with the slider below the meter.