Topics Map > Software Guides > WeVideo
WeVideo, 2021. Be aware that different versions of WeVideo will vary in appearance and functionality.
The following is the interface of the Editor, which is where all video/audio editing takes place. Create a new Edit or open an existing one to access the Editor.
1. Menu Bar: access the Main Menu, title of the video project, stock Themes, and Linked Resources.
- Stock media: access a repository of stock media including videos, audio, and images.
- My media: import and manage your own media.
- Text: add text clips to the project.
- Audio: access a repository of stock music and sound effects.
- Transition: add visual transitions to the project.
- Backgrounds: access a repository of stock background including static images and animations.
3. Browser: displays content according to the selected tab.
4. Preview Window: displays a preview of the selected clip from the Browser or Timeline.
5. Timeline: video projects are constructed here. The Timeline contains tracks for video and audio. By default, two video tracks and one audio track are available.
6. Playhead: marks the current time position in the Timeline. The Preview Window will display the media that’s at the position of the playhead.
Storyboard vs Timeline Mode
Video projects can be edited in two different modes: Storyboard, and Timeline. Timeline is the recommended mode as it’s more robust. Instructions in this guide are based on Timeline mode.
To check and change the editing mode, click the Main Menu button from the Menu Bar to the top-right. “Switch to…” will be listed at the bottom of the menu. Ensure this says “Switch to Storyboard” to confirm that Timeline mode is active.