Topics Map > Software Guides > WeVideo
WeVideo, 2020. Be aware that different versions of WeVideo will vary in appearance and functionality.
After finalizing all edits in a video project, it needs to be exported as a video file in order to share. If you’re creating a WeVideo project for a class, this is your final step before submitting the assignment. Before exporting, watch your project multiple times to ensure it looks and sounds correct. Also be sure that there are no extraneous clips at the end of the Timeline.
To export a video project:
- Click the blue “Finish” button to the top-right, above the Preview Window.
- Enter a title for the export.
- Click “Set.”
- Adjust the export settings as desired, such as:
- Export: ensure “Video” is selected.
- Resolution: select the highest available option.
- Destination (optional): select options to directly upload the export to, such as Google Drive or YouTube. All exports will also appear in the Exports tab of the WeVideo homepage.
- Thumbnail (optional): set a thumbnail image for the export. Thumbnails are useful for quickly identifying the project later.
To download the exported video:
- Navigate to the Exports tab of the WeVideo homepage.
- Click to select the desired export.
- Click the Download icon to the top-right.
- Select a storage location, and rename the file if desired.
- Click “Save.” The download will begin.
After the file is downloaded, it can be opened and watched from the computer. Your instructor may ask you to upload and share it via Google Drive, upload it to Sakai, or share it in some other way.