Topics Map > Software Guides > WeVideo
WeVideo: Exporting & Sharing
WeVideo, 2022. Be aware that different versions of WeVideo will vary in appearance and functionality.
After finalizing all edits in a video project, it needs to be exported as a video file in order to share. If you’re creating a WeVideo project for a class, this is your final step before submitting the assignment. Before exporting, watch your project multiple times to ensure it looks and sounds correct. Also be sure that there are no extraneous clips at the end of the Timeline.
To export a video project:
- Click the blue “Finish” button to the top-right, above the Preview Window.
- Enter a title for the export.
- Click “Set.”
- Adjust the export settings as desired, such as:
- Export: ensure “Video” is selected.
- Resolution: select the highest available option.
- Destination (optional): select options to directly upload the export to, such as Google Drive or YouTube. All exports will also appear in the Exports tab of the WeVideo homepage.
- Thumbnail (optional): set a thumbnail image for the export. Thumbnails are useful for quickly identifying the project later.
Downloading & Sharing
Exported projects are available in the Exports tab. Double-click an export to open it and access the following options:
- Play: click the play button to watch the final exported video.
- Edit name/description: click the "A" icon below the video player to change the name/description.
- Download: click the download icon located below the video player to save the export to your computer.
- Share link: click the Share Link and Embed button located to the bottom-right, click "copy to clipboard" in the new window, and paste the link elsewhere (such as an email or Sakai Assignment).
- Change privacy: click the padlock icon below the video player to change the privacy. The export must be set to public in order for other people to watch the video from the link.
- Delete: click the trashcan icon to delete the export.
For instructions on sharing files through Google Drive, see Google Drive: Sharing Files & Folders.