Topics Map > Software Guides > Zoom
Quick Guide: Zoom for Students
Visit plu.edu/zoom and login with your PLU ePass to get started with Zoom. Then, navigate to Resources > Download Zoom Client from the top-right to install the Zoom Client. Be aware that Zoom may appear and function differently between computer and mobile devices.
Joining a Meeting
- Click the join link that was sent to you, such as via email.
- Click the join link from the Google Calendar event.
- Click the “join” button for the meeting in the Zoom Meetings tool within the Sakai course site.
Participating in a Meeting
- Do a test! Have a practice meeting before a session to make sure that everything is working correctly. Check your webcam, mic, and connectivity.
- Use headphones to prevent audio feedback.
- When you’re not participating in a spoken conversation, such as when you’re watching a lecture, we recommend muting your microphone. This will prevent any unexpected or accidental noises on your end from disturbing the meeting. To do so, click the mic icon at the bottom of the window. Remember to un-mute if/when you’d like to speak.
- Choose a quiet area to join the meeting, free from distractions and noise.
- Zoom: Information
- Zoom: Scheduling Meetings
- Zoom: Joining a Meeting
- Zoom: Participating in a Meeting
- Zoom: Settings and Enabling Features
- Zoom: Polling (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: Breakout Rooms (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: Zoombombing & Meeting Security
- Zoom: CC & Live Transcription
- Zoom: Recording a Meeting
- Zoom: Sharing a Meeting Recording
- Zoom: Virtual Backgrounds
- Zoom: Scheduling for Other Users
- Zoom: Optimizing Connectivity
- Quick Guide: Zoom for Instructors
- Quick Guide: Zoom for Students
- Zoom: FAQs and Troubleshooting