Topics Map > Software Guides > Zoom
Zoom: Sharing a Meeting Recording
Zoom web conferencing. Be aware that different versions of Zoom will vary in appearance and functionality.
After a meeting that has been recorded ends, the video of the recording will need time to process before it's watchable. When processing is complete it can be shared with participants. Be aware that recordings with student participants are subject to FERPA. Please see Web Conferencing FERPA & Privacy for more details before sharing any class meeting recordings.
To share a local recording (stored on the computer):
- Open the Zoom Client.
- Click the “Meetings” tab at the top of the window.
- Click the “Recorded” tab.
- Select the desired meeting recording and click “Open.” A new system window with the video file will open.
- Upload the video file to the desired platform. Be aware that due to FERPA and Washington State laws, class meeting recordings need to be restricted to only students enrolled in the course.
Be aware that storage is limited and cloud recordings are automatically deleted periodically (see How long may cloud recordings be available? for more details). Always download cloud recordings before they’re scheduled for deletion in order to obtain a permanent copy. To share cloud recordings with students and participants, we recommend downloading recordings and then uploading/sharing through Google Drive or YouTube to ensure long-term access. If you're an instructor using the Zoom Meetings tool in Sakai, visit Sakai Help for Zoom for information about sharing meeting recordings.
To access cloud recordings (prior to deletion):
- Login to the Zoom Web Portal (plu.edu/zoom).
- Click “Recordings” from the column to the left. All cloud recordings associated with your account will appear in a list.
- Click the desired meeting. A new tab will open.
- To watch: click the video thumbnail. The video will open in a new tab.
- To share (temporarily): click the “Share” button, click the “Copy sharing information to clipboard” link, then paste and send the information such as via email.
- To download: click the “Download” button, select a storage location, and click “Save.”
To share a cloud recording long-term, download the recording and then upload/share the video as described in step 5 above.
- Zoom: Information
- Zoom: Scheduling Meetings
- Zoom: Joining a Meeting
- Zoom: Participating in a Meeting
- Zoom: Settings and Enabling Features
- Zoom: Polling (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: Breakout Rooms (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: FAQs and Troubleshooting
- Zoom: Zoombombing & Meeting Security
- Zoom: Recording a Meeting
- Zoom: Sharing a Meeting Recording
- Quick Guide: Zoom for Instructors
- Quick Guide: Zoom for Students