Topics Map > Software Guides > Zoom
Zoom: Joining a Meeting
Zoom web conferencing, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Zoom will vary in appearance and functionality.
The host of the meeting will need to invite you in order to join it, and send you a link (such as in an email or Google Calendar event).
To join a meeting, either:
- Click the join link that was sent to you, such as via email.
- Click the join link from the Google Calendar event.
- Click the “join” button for the meeting in the Zoom Meetings tool within the Sakai course site.
After joining a meeting, configure settings, such as the microphone and camera, as desired with the options to the bottom of the window. See Zoom: Participating in a Meeting for more details.
To exit a meeting, click “Leave” to the bottom-right of the window.
- Zoom: Information
- Zoom: Scheduling Meetings
- Zoom: Joining a Meeting
- Zoom: Participating in a Meeting
- Zoom: Settings and Enabling Features
- Zoom: Polling (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: Breakout Rooms (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: Zoombombing & Meeting Security
- Zoom: CC & Live Transcription
- Zoom: Recording a Meeting
- Zoom: Sharing a Meeting Recording
- Zoom: Virtual Backgrounds
- Zoom: Scheduling for Other Users
- Zoom: Optimizing Connectivity
- Quick Guide: Zoom for Instructors
- Quick Guide: Zoom for Students
- Zoom: FAQs and Troubleshooting