Topics Map > Software Guides > Zoom
Zoom: Joining a Meeting
Zoom web conferencing. Be aware that different versions of Zoom will vary in appearance and functionality.
The host of the meeting will need to invite you in order to join it, and send you a link (such as in an email or Google Calendar event).
To join a meeting:
- When it’s time to join the meeting, click the link that was sent to you by your instructor and the meeting will open in Zoom. If prompted, enter the password that’s indicated in the email.
- Select video and audio devices as desired when prompted. After doing so you’ll be added to the meeting.
After joining a meeting, configure settings, such as the microphone and camera, as desired with the options to the bottom of the window (see Zoom: Participating & Communicating in a Meeting for more details).
To end a meeting, click “Leave Meeting” to the bottom-right of the window.
- Zoom: Information
- Zoom: Hosting Meetings & Inviting Participants
- Zoom: Joining a Meeting
- Zoom: Participating & Communicating in a Meeting
- Zoom: Settings and Enabling Features (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: Polling (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: Breakout Rooms (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: FAQs and Troubleshooting
- Zoom: Zoombombing & Meeting Security
- Quick Guide: Zoom for Instructors
- Quick Guide: Zoom for Students