Topics Map > Software Guides > Zoom
Zoom: Polling (Hosts Only)
Zoom web conferencing, 2020. Be aware that different versions of Zoom will vary in appearance and functionality.
Hosts can survey participants with a poll, which can be added to scheduled meetings. A Zoom Pro account is required to use the Polling feature. In order to access polling during a meeting, you must 1) have a Zoom Pro account, 2) enable Polling in user Settings (see Zoom: Settings and Enabling Features for more details), and 3) schedule the meeting beforehand (polls can't be conducted in unscheduled, on-the-fly meetings).
To create a poll for a scheduled meeting:
- Access the scheduled meeting. Login to the Zoom Web Portal (plu.edu/zoom), click “Meetings” from the column to the left, then click the blue name link of the meeting.
- See Zoom: Scheduling Meetings for instructions on scheduling.
- To add more questions, click “Add a Question” to the bottom of the window to add more questions.
- To collect anonymous responses, check the “Anonymous” box.
To add additional polls to the scheduled meeting, click the “Add” button again and repeat the process.
To conduct a poll:
- Create a poll, as described in the previous set of instructions.
- Start the scheduled meeting.
- Click the “Polling” option at the bottom of the window and the Polls window will appear. In order to access polling during a meeting, you must 1) have a Zoom Pro account, 2) enable Polling in user Settings (see Zoom: Settings and Enabling Features for more details), and 3) schedule the meeting beforehand (polls can't be conducted in unscheduled, on-the-fly meetings).
- When ready to open the poll for responses, click “Launch Poll.” The poll will appear to attendees and they’ll be able to respond.
- To make adjustments to the poll, click “Edit” to the top-right.
- To share the results with participants, click “Share Results.” Click “Stop Sharing” when done.
- To re-launch the poll and collect new responses, click “Re-launch Poll.”
To create a poll on-the-fly during a scheduled meeting (polls can't be added to unscheduled, on-the-fly meetings):
- Click “Polling” from the bottom of the window. The Polls window will appear.
- Click “Add a Question.” The poll editor will open in a new browser tab.
- Edit as desired, and click “Save” when done. The poll will update in the Polls window in the meeting.
When the meeting is over, navigate back to the management page for the meeting (plu.edu/zoom > My Account > Meetings, and select the meeting from the list that displays). Poll results are available at the bottom of the meeting’s management page.
- Zoom: Information
- Zoom: Scheduling Meetings
- Zoom: Joining a Meeting
- Zoom: Participating in a Meeting
- Zoom: Settings and Enabling Features
- Zoom: Polling (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: Breakout Rooms (Hosts Only)
- Zoom: FAQs and Troubleshooting
- Zoom: Zoombombing & Meeting Security
- Zoom: Recording a Meeting
- Zoom: Sharing a Meeting Recording
- Zoom: Scheduling for Other Users
- Quick Guide: Zoom for Instructors
- Quick Guide: Zoom for Students