Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Sites
Google Sites: Creating a Site
New Google Sites, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Google Sites will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Google Sites at sites.google.com.
To create a new site:
- Navigate to sites.google.com.
- Sign in with your PLU ePass credentials. Check the profile to the top-right to ensure the correct account is signed in.
- Click the plus button, or Blank button.
A new site will be created in the New Google Sites. Sites are accessible from sites.google.com, and will also appear as an item in your Google Drive. New sites are created in an editing mode and won’t be visible to the public or to other PLU emails until published (see Google Sites: Publishing a Site for more details).
Use the web browsers Chrome or Firefox to create and edit a Google Site. Other web browsers, such as Microsoft Edge and Safari, may not work. If creating a new site isn't an option at sites.google.com, be sure to use a compatible web browser. Some mobile devices aren't compatible with Google Sites, either. All site visitors, regardless of their web browser or device, will be able to access the site after it have been published.
- Google Sites: Information
- Google Sites: Creating a Site
- Google Sites: Interface Overview
- Google Sites: Creating Pages
- Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation
- Google Sites: Adding Text
- Google Sites: Inserting Images
- Google Sites: Using Files from Google Drive
- Google Sites: Inserting Embeds (YouTube videos, etc)
- Google Sites: Using Preset Themes
- Google Sites: Using Custom Themes
- Google Sites: Applying a Layout
- Google Sites: Customizing the Header
- Google Sites: Page Section Colors
- Google Sites: Publishing a Site
- Google Sites: Site Sharing & Visitor Access