Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Sites
Google Sites: Adding Text
New Google Sites, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Google Sites will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Google Sites at sites.google.com.
Text is added to a page with a text box. Text boxes can be inserted into a page body as well as the Header.
To insert a text box, navigate to the Insert tab from the panel to the right and select the “Text box” option. A text box will appear on the page with settings in an options bar above it.
To change the text Style, click the first drop-down in the options bar. Style options include: Title, Heading, Subheading, Small, and Normal Text (default setting). Use these Styles to divide and organize page content. We recommend using text Styles to format the text instead of manually making adjustments with the font, size, and weight. Text Styles can be modified in the Theme (see Google Sites: Using Preset Themes for more details).
To add a link, such as to a different website:
- Copy the URL from the desired site to be linked.
- Navigate to the Insert tab to insert a text box, or edit an existing one.
- Click the link icon, which looks like a chain link, from the options bar above the text box. A pop-up will appear.
- Enter the desired link text into the "Text" field.
- Paste the URL in the "Link" field. Alternatively, select a site page from the pop-up that appears.
- Click "Apply."
- Site Pages: to link to a different page within the Google site, select a page from the pop-up that appears in in the “Link” field.
- Google Drive file: type a search term into the "Link" field. See Google Sites: Using Files from Google Drive for more details.
- Editing a link: click the link and then click the pencil icon.
- Deleting a link: click the link and then click the trashcan icon.
- Be clear and concise
- Be consistent with punctuation
- Google Sites: Information
- Google Sites: Creating a Site
- Google Sites: Interface Overview
- Google Sites: Creating Pages
- Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation
- Google Sites: Adding Text
- Google Sites: Inserting Images
- Google Sites: Using Files from Google Drive
- Google Sites: Inserting Embeds (YouTube videos, etc)
- Google Sites: Using Preset Themes
- Google Sites: Using Custom Themes
- Google Sites: Applying a Layout
- Google Sites: Customizing the Header
- Google Sites: Page Section Colors
- Google Sites: Publishing a Site
- Google Sites: Site Sharing & Visitor Access