Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Sites
Google Sites: Interface Overview
New Google Sites, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Google Sites will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Google Sites at sites.google.com.
1. Site Title: Rename the site at any time. The site title box within the Header is the text that will be displayed on the site.
2. Undo/Redo: Undo/redo recent changes.
3. Preview: Click to preview how the site will look once published.
4. Link: Click to view and copy the website’s address (only available after the site is published).
5. Editors: Add other people as editors here. Editors will be able to make changes to the site.
6. Settings: Set site preferences such as navigation display options, site icons, and tracking.
7. More: Access site analytics, send Feedback, get help, and take a tour here.
8. Navigation: The navigation bar for the site. This can be placed at the top or side. A newly-created site only has one page, and therefore will not have a navigation bar immediately. After pages are added, the bar will appear and can then be edited.
9. Header: The header contains a background image and page text. This area can be resized to expand an entire page, a large portion of the page, or just the top of a page.
10. Body: The main content area of the site. Add text, images, etc. here. The body is made up of Sections. Every time an element (text, images, etc.) is added to the body, a new Section is created. Newly created sites don’t have any Sections.
11. Panel (3 tabs):
- Insert: Use this panel to insert various elements into the body of the site (images, text, Google docs, etc).
- Pages: Create and access pages here.
- Themes: Select themes and style options.
- Google Sites: Information
- Google Sites: Creating a Site
- Google Sites: Interface Overview
- Google Sites: Creating Pages
- Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation
- Google Sites: Adding Text
- Google Sites: Inserting Images
- Google Sites: Using Files from Google Drive
- Google Sites: Inserting Embeds (YouTube videos, etc)
- Google Sites: Using Preset Themes
- Google Sites: Using Custom Themes
- Google Sites: Applying a Layout
- Google Sites: Customizing the Header
- Google Sites: Page Section Colors
- Google Sites: Publishing a Site
- Google Sites: Site Sharing & Visitor Access