Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Sites
Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation
New Google Sites, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Google Sites will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Google Sites at sites.google.com.
The Navigation bar can either appear across the top of the Header, or along the left side of the site. The side Navigation bar will only appear in the top-left corner of the Header in editing mode; use Preview to see how the side Navigation bar will appear to visitors. For details on changing the page links in the Navigation bar, see Google Sites: Using Custom Themes
To change the type of Navigation bar (top or side):
- Hover over the top of the Header.
- Click the gear icon that appears to the left. The Settings window will appear.
- In the Navigation tab, click the Mode drop-down and select an option: Side, or Top.
To reorder page links in the Navigation bar, navigate to the Pages tab and click-and-drag pages up or down.
In the Navigation bar, top-level pages that have subpages will display with a drop-down. Subpages are located within the drop-down menus below their top-level pages.
- Google Sites: Information
- Google Sites: Creating a Site
- Google Sites: Interface Overview
- Google Sites: Creating Pages
- Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation
- Google Sites: Adding Text
- Google Sites: Inserting Images
- Google Sites: Using Files from Google Drive
- Google Sites: Inserting Embeds (YouTube videos, etc)
- Google Sites: Using Preset Themes
- Google Sites: Applying a Layout
- Google Sites: Customizing the Header
- Google Sites: Page Section Colors
- Google Sites: Publishing a Site
- Google Sites: Site Sharing & Visitor Access