Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Sites
Google Sites: Using Preset Themes
New Google Sites, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Google Sites will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Google Sites at sites.google.com.
A Theme is a group of settings, such as colors and fonts, that create the overall design of a site. Google Sites has two Theme setup options: Preset, or Custom. Each preset Theme in New Google Sites has a set style with a few different capabilities and settings. For custom Themes, see Google Sites: Using Custom Themes
To change the site theme and make adjustments to it, navigate to the Themes tab from the panel to the right side of the site. Then, click one of the preset Themes (Simple, Aristotle, Diplomat, Vision, Level, Impression) and make changes as desired.
The Theme color affects all of the colors across the site including text, page sections, and other decorations. Colors are applied differently based on the selected Theme.
To change the Theme color, select a color option below the Theme in the Themes tab. For custom colors, click the paintbucket icon.
Text color in the page body is based on the Section Style that's applied to the section.
To change the Section Style:
- Hover over a Section on a page. Options will appear to the left.
- Click on the painting palette icon, which will open the Section Colors pop-up.
- Select a Style (1, 2, or 3).
See Google Sites: Page Section Colors for more details.
Each Theme has three style options. The Theme font will affect all text that doesn't have a custom font applied to it. Text font can be changed for each individual text box as well.
To customize the site fonts, click the “Font style” drop-down under the applied theme and select an option.
- Google Sites: Information
- Google Sites: Creating a Site
- Google Sites: Interface Overview
- Google Sites: Creating Pages
- Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation
- Google Sites: Adding Text
- Google Sites: Inserting Images
- Google Sites: Using Files from Google Drive
- Google Sites: Inserting Embeds (YouTube videos, etc)
- Google Sites: Using Preset Themes
- Google Sites: Using Custom Themes
- Google Sites: Applying a Layout
- Google Sites: Customizing the Header
- Google Sites: Page Section Colors
- Google Sites: Publishing a Site
- Google Sites: Site Sharing & Visitor Access