Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Sites
Google Sites: Editing the Header
The Header style type, text, and background image can be customized. Extra elements such as images and additional text boxes can also be inserted by clicking within the Header.
To change the type of Header, hover over the Header and click "Header type." Select a following option:
- Banner (recommended): Default type. Medium-sized Header that includes a background image.
- Cover: Adds a large graphic to the top of a site which takes up an entire window. Users must scroll down to view the body.
- Large Banner: While not as large as “Cover,” this option adds a large background image to the top of the page.
- Title Only: No background image. Header text will display on a white background
Header Background Image
To change the Header background image (not available with the Title Only type), hover over the Header and click the “Change image” drop-down. Select a following option:
- Upload: add an image from the computer.
- Select Image: add an image from a URL link, a Google search, your Google Plus (under “Your albums”), or your Google Drive.
- Avoid neon colors & large white sections
- Create consistency across pages
- Keep it simple!
- Google Sites: Information
- Google Sites: Creating a Site
- Google Sites: Interface Overview
- Google Sites: Creating Pages
- Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation
- Google Sites: Adding Text
- Google Sites: Inserting Images
- Google Sites: Using Files from Google Drive
- Google Sites: Inserting Embed Codes (YouTube videos, etc)
- Google Sites: Themes, Colors & Fonts
- Google Sites: Applying a Layout
- Google Sites: Editing the Header
- Google Sites: Page & Color Customization
- Google Sites: Publishing a Site
- Google Sites: Site Sharing & Visitor Access