Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Sites
Google Sites: Page Section Colors
New Google Sites, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Google Sites will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Google Sites at sites.google.com.
Every time an element, such as text or a picture, is inserted it’s placed into its own Section. Each Section is separately customizable, movable, and editable.
The background color of a section, as well as the color of any text in a section, is controlled through the Section Style. Be aware that if a custom color has already been applied to the text, such as through the text box options bar, the text will be unaffected by the Section Style. Available Section Style colors depend on the color selected for the Theme. For more details on setting the Section Style colors, see Google Sites: Using Preset Themes and Google Sites: Using Custom Themes.
To change the Section Style:
- Hover over a Section on a page. Options will appear to the left.
- Click on the painting palette icon, which will open the Section Colors pop-up.
- Select a Style (1, 2, or 3).
- Google Sites: Information
- Google Sites: Creating a Site
- Google Sites: Interface Overview
- Google Sites: Creating Pages
- Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation
- Google Sites: Adding Text
- Google Sites: Inserting Images
- Google Sites: Using Files from Google Drive
- Google Sites: Inserting Embeds (YouTube videos, etc)
- Google Sites: Using Preset Themes
- Google Sites: Using Custom Themes
- Google Sites: Applying a Layout
- Google Sites: Customizing the Header
- Google Sites: Page Section Colors
- Google Sites: Publishing a Site
- Google Sites: Site Sharing & Visitor Access