Topics Map > Software Guides > Google Sites
Google Sites: Creating Pages
New Google Sites, 2021. Be aware that different versions of Google Sites will vary in appearance and functionality. Access Google Sites at sites.google.com.
New sites automatically have a Home page. Additional pages can be added in the Pages tab from the Panel to the right.
Add a New Page
To add a new page:
- Navigate to the Pages tab to the right.
- Hover over the button marked with a plus icon to the bottom of the Panel. Two options will appear.
- Click the “New Page” option. A pop-up will appear.
- Enter a name for the page (Resume, Portfolio, Contact, etc).
- Click “Done” to confirm. A new page will be created.
When the first new page is created, a Navigation bar will appear at the top of the Header. See Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation for more details.
To change page settings, click the three-dot button. Use this menu to change the homepage, duplicate pages, rename pages, add a subpage (explained below), hide them from the navigation bar, and delete. Be aware that deleting a page is permanent. We recommend hiding pages instead of deleting them to prevent inadvertently losing work.
New pages are considered “top-level” pages. Subpages, which are lower-level pages that appear below main-level pages in the Navigation bar, can be added. Use subpages to organize related material. In the Pages tab, subpages organized below main-level pages under a drop- down menu. Visitors can access subpages with drop-down menus on the site’s Navigation bar. In the image below, "Home" and "Page 1" are top-level pages, while "Page 2" is a subpage.
To make an existing page a subpage, click-and-drag it over the top of another page in the Pages panel.
To create a new subpage, click the icon that looks like three stacked dots on an existing page and select “Add subpage.”
To make a subpage a top-level page, click-and-drag it out of the drop-down.
- Google Sites: Information
- Google Sites: Creating a Site
- Google Sites: Interface Overview
- Google Sites: Creating Pages
- Google Sites: Adjusting Site Navigation
- Google Sites: Adding Text
- Google Sites: Inserting Images
- Google Sites: Using Files from Google Drive
- Google Sites: Inserting Embeds (YouTube videos, etc)
- Google Sites: Using Preset Themes
- Google Sites: Using Custom Themes
- Google Sites: Applying a Layout
- Google Sites: Customizing the Header
- Google Sites: Page Section Colors
- Google Sites: Publishing a Site
- Google Sites: Site Sharing & Visitor Access